For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:16-17
- Jesus came as He did (born of a virgin) to be what He was–holy. If He had been the son of Adam with Adam’s nature He would have been a sinner because in Adam all have sinned and died. He would have also been a slave for the son of a slave is himself a slave. (see Hebrews 2:14)
- Jesus was what He was (holy) to do what He did–redeem us. He came as a sinless man, paying the full price for our transgression. He satisfied God’s righteous and holy law and nullified all of Satan’s rights to Adam’s domain.
- Jesus did what He did (redeem us) that we might have forgiveness, cleansing, a new nature, and Kingdom Authority. He is the head of a brand-new race.
- Jesus was born of a virgin that we might be born again.
- Jesus became the Son of Man that we might become the sons and daughters of God.
- Jesus died in agony that we might live in victory.
For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. –1 Corinthians 15:21-22
hattip: Kingdom Authority by Adrian Rogers, p. 39